Prior to co-founding McIntyre Henderson, Chris was a partner at a prominent firm in Jacksonville where he gained unique perspective serving in both the corporate and the litigation departments. Chris has broad experience in commercial law with an emphasis on corporate and financial restructuring, mergers and acquisitions and complex valuation-related issues. He has represented clients in significant cases, including:
• Counsel to a national lender in the reorganization of a regional hotel and condominium owner in connection with more than $350 million of indebtedness to twelve secured lenders.
• Counsel to the owners of the Sawgrass Marriott Resort in connection with their efforts to restructure more than $200 million of indebtedness to Goldman Sachs.
• Counsel to a bankruptcy court appointed receiver (Chief Administrator) of multiple Levitt and Sons entities, advising client regarding his responsibilities to stabilize, operate and sell seven master-planned residential retirement communities in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina.
• Counsel to the guarantors of $25 million of indebtedness secured by 7,000 acres of real property in northeast Florida, ultimately prevailing in the confirmation of a contested dirt-for-debt Chapter 11 plan of reorganization which hinged on the bankruptcy court’s factual determination of the real property’s market value.
• Counsel to the owners of more than 5,000 acres of real property in northeast Florida, advising clients in connection with the process of confirming a consensual, though heavily negotiated, chapter 11 plan of reorganization.
• Counsel to a national lender in the settlement of $20 million of credit facilities to the manufacturer and supplier of ready-mixed concrete and concrete blocks, guiding lender through valuation issues and the negotiation of an agreement to accept a discounted payoff together with a contingent right to performance-based payments.
• Counsel to a national lender in the settlement of $11 million of credit facilities to a mulch manufacturing business, guiding lender through the negotiation of a settlement agreement, the appointment of a receiver and the sale of the company’s assets.
• Counsel to a local lender in connection with a distressed loan secured by an 83 pad manufactured home park, guiding lender through the appointment of a receiver, foreclosure of the real property and, ultimately, the receiver’s sale of the property to a third-party purchaser.
• Counsel to a local lender in connection with the successful defense of a single asset real estate debtor’s efforts to cram-down a chapter 11 plan of reorganization. Click here for published opinion. [Opinion to be provided by CHH]
• Counsel to multiple landowners across Florida in connection with eminent domain proceedings initiated by FDOT.
• Counsel to multiple landowners through Northeast Florida in connection with challenging the assessed value of their real property.
Chris also has significant transactional experience, including:
• Representing national and regional lenders in creative restructures and workouts of secured and unsecured commercial loans.
• Devising creative restructures and workouts of multi-million dollar commercial credit facilities on behalf of corporate borrowers.
• Drafting and negotiating asset purchase agreements and stock purchase agreements for multiple clients, including regional healthcare organizations, local franchisees and small business owners.
Chris lives in San Marco with his wife, two sons and their English bulldog Howard. He enjoys spending time with his family and friends and playing golf.
University of Florida, J.D./M.S.R.E.
• Juris Doctor, UF Levin College of Law
• Master of Science in Real Estate, UF Warrington College of Business
• Captain of Winning Capstone Competition Project
Furman University, B.A., Political Science
• Member, nationally ranked Men’s Tennis Team
• Member, Southern Conference Academic Honor Roll
BAR ADMISSIONS, AFFILIATIONS AND LICENSES
• The Florida Bar
• United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
• Jacksonville Bar Association
• Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association
• State Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser
• State Licensed Real Estate Sales Associate
• Finance Committee Member, Missionway Church
• Board Member, Episcopal Children’s Services
• Member, San Jose Country Club