Jesse serves as outside general counsel to multiple companies in a variety of industries, where he counsels management on mergers and acquisitions, financing, business relationships, litigation avoidance, compliance, business strategies, collection, development and employment issues, among other matters.
Jesse has extensive experience representing parties in sophisticated transactions, including structuring, negotiating and documenting corporate, financial, business-relationship, real estate, employment, private equity, and purchase and sale transactions.
Jesse also routinely litigates complex commercial disputes, shareholder disputes, breach of fiduciary duty actions, employment cases, creditor and debtor rights, investment disputes, real estate issues and other complex torts.
Jesse attended college at the University of North Florida on an academic and athletic scholarship. He served as UNF’s tennis team captain, and he was recognized as “Male Scholar Athlete of the Year” for the entire University. He also served on the University’s Academic and Athletic Advisory Committee and was admitted to the Golden Key International Honor Society.
In law school at the University of Florida, Jesse was actively involved on the Moot Court team, where, among other honors, he earned the distinction of “Best Overall Competitor”, an award presented by Florida’s Supreme Court Justices.
Jesse spent time between college and law school as Director of Tennis and Recreational Activity at St. Johns Golf & Country Club in St. Augustine and Head Tennis Professional at Queen’s Harbour Yacht & Country Club in Jacksonville.
Jesse is married with three children and lives in Palm Valley, Ponte Vedra Beach.
University of Florida, J.D.
• UF Moot Court
• Best Overall Competitor award (presented by Florida Supreme Court Justices to top advocate in intramural moot court competition)
• Teaching assistant, Legal Research and Writing and Appellate Advocacy
University of North Florida, B.A., Business Management, cum laude
• UNF Male Scholar Athlete of the Year
• Captain, UNF Men’s Tennis Team
• Academic and Athletic Advisory Committee
• The Florida Bar
• United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
• Bankruptcy Court, United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
• Jacksonville Bar Association
• Jacksonville Beaches Bar Association
• St. Johns County Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• Marsh Landing Country Club – Member
• Ponte Vedra Inn & Club – Member
• Ponte Vedra High School – Volunteer cross-country coach
• AMI Kids Jacksonville – Volunteer mentor to underprivileged local youth
• Run4Kids, Inc. – Volunteer for non-profit organization that raises money for local children with life-threatening conditions
• Notre Dame Club of Greater Jacksonville – Member